When art meets life and trust
Is your practice as a professional artist targetting societal issues?
Are you interested in creating a screendance project about power?
Do you want to travel deeper into your work by sharing the artistic process of screendance production with a team of professional artists? How to involve communities and to develop stories that make a difference?
mAPs – migrating Artists Project is an international project between five European countries aiming to support and mentor professional artists through the production of four screendance projects and one documentary .
We are standing for strong ethical values, questioning contemporary societal issues and involving communities into the creative process every step on the way.
- sharpen storytelling strategies
- mentoring artistic practices of the production process
- increasing the artistic quality
- creating dialogue between artists and local communities
- emphasizing international potential of screendance
- break into the international market
- all the chosen projects will be mentored, produced and distributed by mAPs
NEW WAYS OF WORKING
For twelve months, we work together with four selected teams each represented by a director and choreographer in three international campuses. There will be an intensive exchange between each team and renowned international tutors. The workshop is divided into three/four-day residential campuses:
Campus #1: Script – Italy (30.3.2020–02.4.2020)
Campus #2: Production – Finland (03.9.2020 –05.9.2020)
Campus #3: Post-production – France (08.2.2021–10.2.2021)
mAPs – migrating Artists Project is a very family-like group dedicated to the field of dance and film production. We try to share, support and respect our different opinions and perspectives by establishing different ways of collaborating in dance and film. An intensive artistic and personal process, which challenges our doubts, dreams, fears and visions to transgress artistic and personal borders. An intensive time to be open and challenged. A process, in which art meets life and trust. In the end, there will be a collection of four screendance projects with one documentary about the whole mAPs production process, distributed throughout festivals and broadcasters across the globe. A footprint in the local communities. A footprint in Europe.
COSTS FOR SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
The chosen artists are not asked for any fee to get involved into mAPs process!
HOW TO APPLY
We are looking for short screendance projects of maximum duration of 15 minutes and teams suggesting to the specific national theme of their own citizenship:
- one professional filmmaker with at least two films using body and movement
- one experienced choreographer with previous experience in dance composition for the camera
- applicant teams need to be European citizens and residents. At least one team member must be a national citizen of Greece, France, Finland or Italy.
Send an application with all the annexes to your national mAPs partner until 30th of January 2020.
Pre-selected projects will be notified the 2nd of February 2020. Additional materials may be asked to be provided. The selected projects will be announced on the 14th of February 2020.
The general theme is POWER, which is specified for each participating country. Applicants of each country have to reference to this specific theme.
SPECIFIC NATIONAL THEMES
Finland : Power & Environment
France : Power & Identities
Greece : Power & Mutations
Italy : Power & Data
- Bios and detailed CVs with a portrait photograph. (in 1 PDF file max 10MB)
- Material links on previous work: e.g websites/blogs/Vimeo and/or Youtube channel/portfolios/press reviews
IDEA OF YOUR PROJECT
- Idea related to the theme (300 characters max)
- Synopsis (1000 characters max)
- Director’s statement (1000 characters max)
- Choreographer’s statement (1000 characters max)
- Video presentation of the idea – 3 minutes max. (vimeo link – private file)
(A pitch stating out the argument clearly related to the theme mentioned above.)
Optional supporting materials (in 1 PDF file max 10MB):
- Mood board
- Storyboard examples of 2-3 scenes
- Artistic + cinematographic references for the project development
- Pre-technical rider
- Crew presentation (e.g. 2 persons max. in addition to the working pair of artists, casting wishes etc.)